Get a Low Carb Sandwich Fix with Cloud Bread


I had a craving for a nice sandwich so I did a Pinterest search for low carb bread. First I came across a coconut flour bun and tried the recipe. It was not good at all and tasted like a flavorless sponge. Then I tried the cloud bread that I have been seeing for a while. I used the recipe from A Seat At My Table.

The ingredients were kind of weird for a bread recipe. Since I had all of the ingredients on hand I decided to give it a shot.


Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Take 2 eggs and separate them. Take 2 ounces of softened cream cheese and mix with the egg yolks until creamy.


Then add 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat until you get stiff peaks.

Fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Be careful not to deflate the fluffiness of the egg whites.


Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and make 6 even rounds with the cloud bread mixture. I also sprinkled some sesame seeds on three of the buns.


Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. The cloud bread should be golden brown.


Let cool then place in a ziplock bag and let it cool overnight in the refrigerator. Letting it cool in the fridge overnight gives it more of a bread like texture.


I used the bread to make a turkey and Swiss sandwich with tomato and mayo.


13 comments

  1. Whew! Thank goodness I've found you. I really need to get back on my low carb diet.

    I've made Oopsie bread in the past and found it to be pretty OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's cool I had no idea how easily you can make buns like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread sounds amazing. I definitely need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I have never heard of cloud bread but I totally want to try it. Hopefully I can make it as well as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks pretty good, I have never heard of cloud bread before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool! At first I totally thought cloud bread was a brand of bread! Lol this looks really good and I feel like I can make it myself! Thanks for sharing1

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that tastes good and easy to make. I want to make it in my little kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I have never heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cloud bread looks and sounds terrific. I really need to make me some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks absolutely delicious. I want one right now! That bread...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not heard of cloud bread before. I'd love to taste that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this before. It looks so yummy. I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cloud bread even sounds delicious. I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete