Healthy Buffalo "Chicken" Nuggets and Blue Cheese Dip


I love Buffalo chicken wings and blue cheese dressing but I don't love the calories and fat in them. I came across this awesome recipe from My Fab Fit Forties and decided to give it a try.


This is how I did it:


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs* 
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp Goya Adobo (or salt) 
  • 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/2 bottle of Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce* 
  • 1/2 small head cauliflower 
  • 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp mayo
  • 1 tblsp blue cheese crumbles
Directions:
  1. Place Wing Sauce into a bowl large enough to hold cauliflower and set aside. Cut cauliflower into florets and place inside bowl with wing sauce. Mix around until cauliflower is evenly coated. 
  2. Mix panko with spices and place into shallow bowl. Coat each cauliflower individually with the panko spice mixture. 
  3. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil and place coated cauliflower on sheet. Make sure they are spread out in one even layer. 
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip over each piece and cook for another 20 minutes. 
  5. While cauliflower is baking combine the yogurt, mayo and blue cheese to make the dip. 
* You won't use all of the panko bread crumbs and wing sauce but you need this much to coat the cauliflower well.


 photo MichelleSIG_zpsa90bb9e7.png

Pin It

28 comments

  1. I have never cooked with cauliflower, just eaten it raw and unaltered. This seems like a fun recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy - I want to give this one a try - plus, its a healthy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a must try. There is so much you can do with veggies. I made mashed cauliflower once and served it in place of mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try breaded cauliflower. I made a battered one before that was a real pain and not that good. We love it roasted with various spices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious, I have to try them as soon as possible! It's even more tempting knowing it's healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that these are healthy! I'm not usually a fan of blue cheese but this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is Goya Adobo and where does one purchase this ingredient? Looks super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy! Saving this recipe for later, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH SO YUMMY I Must Make This My Mouth Is Watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids love buffalo anything. In fact one was saying he was craving wings today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are the tastiest chicken nuggets I've ever seen! I definitely want to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I TOTALLY LOVE THIS IDEA! This is exactly what I need! Buffalo wings are my weakness! This is a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have never thought of this. Looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a perfect way to top chicken nuggets. This all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my heavens, but that does look munchable. Nummers

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love buffalo chicken wings. Thanks for a much healthier alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look fantastic. Something about buffalo and blue cheese you jsut can't beat. Perfect combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wasn´t expecting the yogurt in the ingredients. Very smart choice to make the dip work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this yummy tasting recipe. I am going to make this for the kids and I.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look delish! I love Frank's buffalo sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not a fan of blue cheese but this recipe sounds yummy. I do like buffalo style.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like an interesting combo. I haven't been a fan of cauliflower so I am not sure I could do this swap. But you could always make your own real chicken nuggets using lean chicken breast or pork chops cut into small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We usually skip the other kinds of dips because my husband and daughter like Ranch so much. I think I might mix things up though and surprise them when we have company over.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love cauliflower! a must try for me! my daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooohhhhh this looks yummy! I'm a big fan of spicy :) and healthy is always better - I wonder if you could substitute for other veggies, not just cauliflower? #thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm craving now! I want to try that recipe and the dip looks mouth watering. Since this is cauliflower, I'm sure it's a great substitute to junk foods.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the idea of dipping it in blue cheese dressing... Curious about the calories in this delish dish! :-)

    ReplyDelete