I was craving something savory and crisp like mozzarella sticks or onion rings. I had some zucchini in the fridge so I went over to Pinterest to get inspiration. I came across the delicious looking zucchini chips from Jo and Sue's blog and had to try them.
This is how I made them:
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Goya adobo (you can use salt instead)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tblsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp sriracha (more or less to taste)
- Mix together the panko, spices and Parmesan cheese. Place in shallow dish and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" inch thick chips. I used a mandolin.
- Whisk the egg whites in a medium bowl and add the zucchini slices. Then add the zucchini slices to the panko mixture and press it onto both sides of the zucchini slice.
- Place some parchment paper onto baking pan and spray lightly with oil. Spread breaded chips onto baking pan and make sure they are not touching each other.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip chips over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While chips are baking combine the ketchup and sriracha.